TECHNICAL DIRECTOR JOB NOTICE
Technical Director Position
This is a 3-month contract, starting October 2, 2017. Salary and housing provided.
A cornerstone of central Ohio cultural arts since 1969, Weathervane Playhouse shares center stage with many performing arts and educational opportunities. A not-for-profit organization producing seven professional mainstage productions, alongside a substantial education program, our Weathervane Young Artists’ Repertory Theatre (WYART), we are dedicated to creating unforgettable shared experiences through Broadway musicals and world-class plays. Our theatre engages patrons and promises a bright future for new theatre artists, audience members, and community supporters.
Weathervane Playhouse is seeking a Technical Director with a strong background in carpentry and scenic design construction. Person must be dedicated, positive thinking, highly motivated, and ready to work in a professional, fun and exciting environment. The Technical Director will oversee all aspects of design and execution of three mainstage productions, which are:
Meet Me in St. Louis
New Year’s Eve Gala (December 31, 2017)
Duties of the Technical Director:
- Build each mainstage production set per the specifications of the scenic designer.
- Recommend and work with designers to adjust the design, if necessary, due to budgetary/space concerns.
- Supply technical information and budget estimates for each design.
- Determine construction methods, schedules, materials, and mechanics for the building and painting of each set.
- Supervise and assist in the construction of the set.
- Assist the Scenic Charge Artist in the painting of the set, as needed.
- Produce construction drawings, as needed.
- Supervise the installation and striking of each set, including all rigging and mechanical devices. Insure proper functioning and safety of all moving scenic elements.
- Attend production meetings, designer runs, and technical rehearsals, in order to supervise and assist in the technical aspects of mounting the production.
- Maintain and enforce schedules for all builds, load-ins and strikes.
- Operate, maintain, and safeguard the technical assets of the theatre, including supervising the use of lighting, sound, communications equipment, and the use and maintenance of stage facilities.
- Monitor the condition of equipment including lighting, sound, and rigging equipment; arrange for the repair and replacement within budgetary constraints; perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
Please send resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com to apply by Wednesday, September 6, 2017.
Job Title: Technical Director
Job Type: 3-month Full-Time Position (October 2, 2017 – January 2, 2018)
Employer: Weathervane Playhouse
Location: Newark, OH
To Apply: Send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Wednesday, September 6, 2017
SOUND DESIGNER JOB NOTICE
Blood Brothers (musical) Sound Designer Position
Pay involved & Housing available
Weathervane Playhouse is seeking a dynamic, positive thinking, and extremely dedicated Sound Designer to join them for their fall production of Blood Brothers (October 5-30, 2017). Sound Designer is expected to oversee the sound design in all aspects of production. Technical rehearsals and overseeing mixing of shows will be a large part of this job. Experience in sound design, mixing with digital board is necessary, and media projection is a plus. Need to work under supervision and to collaborate with other departments is an absolute must.
The contract includes a weekly stipend and housing when not local (private bedroom).
Please send resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com to apply.
You can learn more about Weathervane Playhouse at www.weathervaneplayhouse.org.